Bos aku berikan satu artikel bertajuk "How to know when is the right time to quit your job". Artikel dipetik dari The Star Business Online. Aku malas nak terjemahkan. Ada beberapa perkara yang perlu dirujuk sebelum membuat keputusan. Kalau kena gayanya, bolehlah 'chalo'.
Masalahnya, artikel ini berkisar tentang nak berhenti kerja, bukan nak cari kerja. Ini dianya:
How do you know exactly when to quit? Here are some possible reasons to consider quitting:
1. Your company has lost its purpose and you are no longer proud to be an employee there. Quit as you will be doing both yourself and the company a favour
2. Your relationship with your manager is damaged beyond repair. You have tried really hard to mend the relationship but to no avail. Leave quickly but if possible, leave in good terms.
3. Your life situation has changed. Perhaps you just had a baby, and the work culture does not suit your new lifestyle. Or perhaps your aspirations have changed.
4. Your values are at odds with the company's values and culture. Or if you are being ethically challenged. Whatever the issue, don't stay in an organisation where your values or integrity is compromised.
5. For whatever reason, you have behaved improperly at work. Or you've burnt bridges with peers. Or missed too many days of work, slacked off on the job, or developed the reputation of a loser. That reputation, once earned, is unlikely to change, so you might as well move on, while you have the opportunity.
6. Your stress level is so high at work that it affects your health and relationships. If you are feeling burnt-out, find out first if the demands of your job have increased with fewer resources. You may just be drained out. In which case, it's an issue of managing resources, not finding a new job.
7. You find yourself marginalised. Your manager, for reasons unbeknownst to you, treats you like an invisible person, not including you in important consultations or decisions. Don't do anything until you talk to your boss to find out what's going on. Your boss may also be silently urging you to leave, so if that's the case, maybe you need to take the hint.
8. You've stopped having fun at work. You dread going to work in the morning. Find out what the real reason you dread work. Is it boredom? Is it lack of challenge? Or have you changed? Don't leave just because you are bored. Try re-inventing your role. Leaving should be your last resort. But if you still cannot rediscover your love for the job, quit!
Artikel penuh ada di sini